Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

What saved me from Post Partum Hairfall

What would be your reaction when you brush your hair and see clumps of hair coming off with every stroke? It happened to me... and boy was I scared.

I just gave birth then and I didn't know about Post Partum Hairfall* or PPH. The first few times it happened, I was okay. I didn't really mind. But when a few days, even weeks in a row. I was worried that I might be bald. I thought I was sick.

Good thing my OB told me that it's *normal to lose a few hairs after giving birth because of the sudden hormonal changes in the body and usually last up to a year.

Here are the ways I did to minimize the hairfall:
  • I cut my hair short. The heavier the hair, the more prone it is to fall. My scalp is already weak, so it can’t hold on to my hair hard. I helped my scalp out by making my hair lighter.
  • I avoided conditioners. I know they make our hairs shiny, silky, and smooth. But conditioners stick to the strands of our hair which makes it heavier. The goal is to keep our hairs as light as possible so our scalp can hold on to them.
  • I used L'oreal Paris Hairfall Resist Shampoo. It "nourishes the hair from the roots, strengthens the hair fibre to prevent breakage, and makes hair more resistant to falling.
My PPH lasted until a year after giving birth, but it wasn't as bad as before I started doing ways to minimize it.

L'oreal Paris Hairfall Resist Shampoo is available in Lazada and can be paid Cash-On-Delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment