Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

My Whole Life in a Little "Box"

I am a hoarder. No, I don't keep a lot of physical things at home (or maybe I do. I'll have to check my room. haha!) But I keep so many files - documents, photos, videos, audios, programs - to the point where I am already running out space on my computer. And I can't seem to decide which to delete.

I run a small Digital Marketing Agency, so imagine how much client files I have to keep: audio interviews, product images, mockups, reports, presentations, etc. I also take a lot of photos and videos of our family travels (which happen quite frequently). While I do edit and post them on my social media accounts, I still keep the raw shots, even the bloopers. I don't know, I just can't make myself delete them.

I do have a cloud storage and have most of my files there. But I still keep my external HDD, Transcend 1TB StoreJet 25M3. My memories, my work, my portfolio, basically my whole life is kept in this little box. Haha!

Here are the reasons why I prefer to keep an external HDD:

1. Portability
Cloud storage can be accessed anywhere, anytime, I know. But what if there's no internet. How do I get my files? An External HDD you can bring anywhere, anytime.

2. High-Speed Transfer
With the status of internet connection in the Philippines (where I'm currently based), transferring files is faster between an External HDD and my computer than between a cloud and my computer. Downloading one video file from my cloud storage takes forever to complete.

3. Safe Backup Device
I actually have a few programs installed and an OS installed on my external HDD, just in case my computer crashes.

What I like about the Transcend StoreJet 25M3 is that it's very durable because of it's military-grade shock resistance. I dropped it a number of times and it's still working.

Check out it's other features:
  • SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Gen 1 compliant
  • Advanced three-stage shock protection system
  • Durable anti-shock rubber outer case
  • Advanced internal hard drive suspension system
  • Quick Reconnect Button - safely re-enable the removed hard drive without unplugging and reinsertion
  • One Touch Auto-Backup button
  • 256-bit AES file & folder encryption
  • Exclusive Transcend Elite data management software
Here are the specifications:
  • Dimensions: 129.5mm x 82.4mm x 20.4mm (5.10" x 3.24" x 0.80")
  • Weight: 1TB / 500GB: 216g (7.62 oz)
  • 2TB: 230g (8.11 oz)
  • Storage Media: 2.5" SATA HDD
  • Connection Interface: USB 3.1 Gen 1 (backward compatible with USB 2.0)
  • Operating Voltage: USB DC 5V
  • Operating Temperature: 5°C (41°F)~55°C (131°F)
  • Power Saving Mode: 10 mins
  • Certificates: CE, FCC, BSMI
Transcend is available in Lazada and is available cash-on-delivery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment