Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

My Teaching Philosophy

According to Anatoly France, “The whole art of teaching is the only art of awakening the natural curiosity.” Curiosity also brought ideas to Albert Einstein. So, I made it my goal to ignite my students’ curiosity and keep it burning. I often draw from their own experiences to keep them interested, and usually, excited.

Photo by Ayan Tolentino (one of my students. not in photo)
I believe learning is a collaboration between the teacher and the students. My teaching style is highly interactive. It demands participation and feedback. That way I can help them recognize how they learn best. My classes often have opportunities for my students to share their own thoughts. I welcome differing opinions. That way they learn from me, I learn from them.

My Grade 3 Kids
I make them experience instead of memorize, because instead of just knowing the concepts, I am more interested in how they put them in critical use. I make them find solutions to their own problems using the knowledge they gained from our classes. 

Learning has no end. I still have a lot to learn, to improve, to try, and to experience. I may not be an expert in the field, but I am sure, one way or another, I helped my students learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment